January 14, 2014


Go Team!!
| a post on sports |

So, many of you know how obsessed I am with sports, but to those of you who don’t, you’re about to find out. If I’m not shopping, you will most likely be able to find me at some type of sporting event or in front of a TV watching sports. A lot of friends and family laugh at me because I get more into sports than most guys do. Here is a look into why:

Football is my all time favorite sport. I have been a New Orleans Saints fan since I was a baby. While growing up in San Diego, my family and I would go to Chargers games, so I consider myself a Chargers fan, as well. I absolutely hate the Oakland Raiders and Cleveland Browns (sorry, Raiders & Browns fans). Oh, and I’ve always liked the Dallas Cowboys. There is not a football game that I will be watching where I don’t lose my voice. Even if I am not a huge fan of either team playing, I pull for one until the end of the game, and scream my heart out for them. And obviously I will always cheer for my Auburn Tigers. Same goes for the SEC. No matter who is playing, I will always pull for the SEC, even Bama. 

My father is obsessed with baseball, so if we weren’t busy one weekend, we would probably make our way to a San Diego Padres game. I have always loved the New York Yankees and Atlanta Braves, but unfortunately have never been to a game. It has been a dream to go to New York since I was little, hence my love for the Yankees. Also, my mom’s side of the family all live in Georgia, which created my liking for the Braves at a young age. As for hating a team, it would have to be the Cleveland Indians. I am hoping I will be able to go to a Yankees game when I go to New York this summer, and I will definitely find time to go to a Braves game once they start playing again!

Now for hockey. Oh my Lord, I love this sport. I grew up going to Anaheim Ducks games, and then started going to Nashville Predators games when I moved to Alabama. I also have loved the Toronto Maple Leafs since I was in middle school, thanks to Justin Bieber. Luckily, 20 minutes from my house, we have the Huntsville Havoc, which is an SPHL team. Who knows what I would do without my hockey fix! Oh, and I can’t stand the Columbus Blue Jackets. If you haven’t caught on yet, I despise the state of Ohio for many reasons. Sorry, Ohio residents, don’t hate me.

I played soccer for 6 years growing up, and miss playing it more and more every day. I love watching almost as much as playing, thank goodness. Unfortunately, I haven’t been to a professional game, but my favorite team is definitely the LA Galaxy. No, not because of David Beckham, but he was definitely a plus, until he sadly retired in 2012. I am hoping to find time to go to a professional game soon!

I have been lucky enough to have grown up in California, where there are sports teams & arenas everywhere. I am always looking for another game to go to, and will drive a few hours away to go to one, so if anyone would like to go to a baseball game or hockey game soon, let me know! I hope you have enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it! Xoxo

3 comments:

  1. This is so great, I'm a big fan of sports too! My favorite is football, I literally will watch any game, any team if it's on TV..but, the Houston Texans are my team (although I don't like to talk about this past season lol)!! Baseball and basketball are some of my other favorites! I have only been to one hockey game, the Houston Aeros, but it was awesome! Such a cool sport! It would be so much fun to have a friend like you to go to sporting events with!! Annndd.. this is just a side note but we are definitely Phi Lamb Sistas!! whoohoo! Great blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of sports too, but I don't think we could like more enemy teams! I'm a die hard Bama fan and a Red Sox fan! Although I'm not big into hockey, I love soccer and have played for 10 years! I love this post showing a different side of you!

    www.kymariec.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled onto your blog for the first time today. Hi! :) My hubby actually plays pro hockey, it's neat to meet another girl-girl who enjoys the sport :)

    ReplyDelete